Heart rate variability: for real doctors. Translation from the Russian version of the book, published at Kharkiv, 2010, 131 p.
The basics and practice of the clinical use of the technology of heart rate variability are outlined for doctors of all specialties and students of medical faculties of universities.
The main thing
12) in clinical practice it is sufficient to confine oneself to the methods of the time and frequency domain,
13) from the statistical techniques of the time domain, it is enough to use a pair of indicators, for example, VAR and PNN5O,
14) from the geometric methods of the time domain, it suffices to restrict ourselves to the probability distribution of the RR-intervals and the scatterogram,
15) from the methods of frequency distribution and distribution we obtained; therefore, it is recommended to use the spectral analysis of HRV by the FFT method,
16) the methods of frequency analysis apply to short-term records of RR-intervals,
17) in standard protocols, the duration of short records of RR-intervals should be 5 minutes and long – 1, 2 or more days,
18) in short records, the triggered spectral components of the total power (HR) of the HRV are subject to analysis: a) very low (VLF), b) low (LF) and c) high frequencies (HF),
19) in long records from the four main spectral components of the HRVR TR allocated, we recommend to limit ourselves only to the assessment of the TR and ULF,
20) the current state of regulation can be evaluated solely on short records,
21) the HRV technology applicable not only at the sinus rhythm, but also atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter with known restrictions
22) HRV research should be carried out only with certified hardware and software.