Heart rate variability: for real doctors. Translation from the Russian version of the book, published at Kharkiv, 2010, 131 p.
The basics and practice of the clinical use of the technology of heart rate variability are outlined for doctors of all specialties and students of medical faculties of universities.
9. Regulation in the disease
The main thing
54) regulation is the same in health and disease,
55) regulation changes reflect the disease severity and phase of its development,
56) for a favorable (optimal) course of the disease with the best possible outcome, a corresponding change in regulation is necessary,
57) deviations in the regulation from the optimal progression of the disease lead to complications in its development,
58) HRV technology is a tool for monitoring the dynamics of regulating in the disease, predicting its course and outcomes, choosing the most suitable for a patient and a favorable course of a medical strategy for disease, monitoring the implementation of selected approaches,
59) HRV reflects the stage and severity of the disease by the individual properties of the patient regulation,
60) since Nature has not invented any specific regulation for the disease, it is necessary to approach the use of HRV in this disease, like in healthy people,
61) a typical response to the disease is a decrease in the total power of the HRV spectrum, mainly due to the high-frequency component with an increase in the LF / HF ratio with a maximum at the height (exacerbation for the chronic) disease and its subsequent recovery (transition to remission in chronic),
62) the invariably low total power of the HRV spectrum with a high LF / HF ratio is a reflection of the “degeneration” of regulation, which is prognostically unfavorable in terms of life expectancy and requires more attention of the physician;
63) the first group of drugs that increase the strength of HRV with a faster and more intense increase in the power of the high-frequency link, are blockers of beta-adrenergic receptors,
64) a properly selected pathogenetically based therapy optimizes regulation, which is manifested by the normalization of the overall power and structure of the HRV,
65) it is natural to optimize the course of the disease in a patient by optimizing regulation by combining medical measures, taking into account their effect on HRV,
66) HRV technology is used not only for the sinus rhythm but also for arrhythmias, however with the restriction that in arrhythmias, the conclusions should be in the plane of the HRV terminology.