Heart rate variability: for real doctors. Translation from the Russian version of the book, published at Kharkiv, 2010, 131 p.
The basics and practice of the clinical use of the technology of heart rate variability are outlined for doctors of all specialties and students of medical faculties of universities.
What else is worth staying on?
A person has one regulation for all occasions, both regarding health and disease. Just as there is an optimal temperature, optimal blood pressure, …, there is an optimal state and optimal responses of regulation for health and disease. More correctly, temperature level, blood pressure level are derived from conditions of regulation. This condition of regulation in health provides the best possible response to any stress.
The disease has a phase course, and phase changes of regulation must correspond to this phase course of the disease.
It is natural to talk about the optimal course and deviations from the optimal course of the disease. The optimal course of the disease is such that the payment of patient’s health resources to it is minimal, both under the conditions of ensuring the best possible recovery for the acute course and the most favorable option for the chronic course. Under these conditions, it is necessary to talk about changes in regulation adequate to the optimal course of the disease, or its disorders. As there is an optimal variant of the disease, there are corresponding to it changes in the regulation. Violations during the disease, deviations from the optimal option of the disease associated with dysregulation.
Following in the clinical practice to the anatomical division of functionally indivisible regulation is entirely wrong and leads to diagnostic and therapeutic errors.
HRV evaluation is therefore crucial in the diagnosis of the regulation of a healthy and sick person with the ensuing consequences. Using HRV solves many human health problems.
The main thing:
1) regulation in functional terms is a single unified contour, and the punctuation on its anatomical branches in this sense is very conditional,
2) regulation provides its functions as a single unified system and in this way should be assessed,
3) regulation is one in a healthy person and a sick person, and there is no need to invent anything new for it in the disease,
4) regulation directed on ensures the best functioning of the body, not only a healthy person but also a sick person,
5) we must assess the quality of regulation of a healthy person and a sick person and its violations as a cause of ill health and severing of the disease,
6) the regulation at the stages of the disease changes following these stages of the disease,
7) a necessary condition for the optimal (favorable) course of a disease is the corresponding change in regulation and its violence is one of the (most important) causes of disorders in the disease,
8) it is natural to talk about fast, medium, slow regulation, and it is not natural to speak about parasympathetic, sympathetic and humoral regulation,
9) it is natural to talk about the optimal state and the optimal response of the regulation, just as it is natural to speak of their violations,
10) different regulation at different stages of the optimal (favorable) variant of the disease is its necessary condition, and there is no need to look for pathology in this,
11) the pathology is in evasions of a change in the regulation during the stages of the disease from its optimal variant, and these deviations are always possible in one and the other direction.